Friday 1 April 2011

Delta Maid - Of My Own

Yee-ha cowboys (and cowgirls), Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn would be proud of Liverpool lass Delta Maid as she does a fine job of recreating those Nashville highs back in the UK. We’ve already featured Delta a couple of times and today we’re streaming her new single Of My Own together with another stripped down song Broken Branches which she recorded for the Shazam Sessions YouTube channel. (More Shazam goodness here)

“Stop laying all your heartache on me, quit pushing all your trouble on me,” croons Delta to someone who keeps bringing her down with their woes on Of My Own. With an up-tempo rootsy acoustic country sound that’s complimented with hammond organ vibes and piano, Of My Own could, in an alternative world, be a great motown / soul stomper, but instead Delta brings the blues to this highly FM friendly song.

Delta Maid’s album is now due for release on May 9 with Of My Own being available the week before. Although we suspect she’s likely to find more love for within the American market place than the UK, she’s playing the Camden Crawl and a number of UK dates throughout May. Check the Myspace for details.

Delta Maid - Of My Own (Single Edit) by Delta Maid

No comments: