My final end of year list…posted as it should be done, at the end of the year.
These are my favourite 30 singles of 2021. Which to be honest look very similar to the 30 songs I’ve streamed the most on Spotify from this year, especially the top 10.
But that’s how it should be, right? The songs you love the most should be the ones you play the most. It would be odd to listen to a song once, declare your love for it and then never listen again.
Here they are.
Favourite 20 songs of 2021
1. Wet Leg – Chaise Longue
2. Lorde – Solar Power
3. Little Simz - Introvert
4. Chvrches – How Not To Drown (featuring Robert Smith)
5. Pearl Charles – Only For Tonight
6. Glume – Get Low
7. Vlure – Shattered Faith
8. Olivia Rodrigo - Drivers License
9. Easy Life - Skeletons
10. Self Esteem – I Do This All The Time
11. Wet Leg - Wet Dream
12. Mette – Petrified
13. English Teacher – R & B
14. Moyka - Illusion
15. Wolf Alice – Smile
16. Ashnikko – Deal With It (featuring Kelis)
17. Lana Del Rey – Chemtrails Over The Country Club
18. Jorja Smith – Addicted
19. Danielle Durack - There Goes My Heart
20. Holly Humberstone – The Walls Are Way Too Thin
21. Jungle - Keep Moving
22. Griff – Black Hole
23. Aurora - Cure For Me
24. Jessica Luise - Nice Try
25. Coach Party - Everybody Hates Me
26. Wet Leg – Too Late Now
27. Emilia Tarrant - Honeymoon Phase
28. beabadoobee - Last Day On Earth
29. Little Simz - Woman (featuring Cleo Sol)
30. Gabriels - Bloodline
Want to hear them all (or just some of them?)
You can find a Spotify playlist of the whole top 30 by clicking this link. The top 3 also stream below.
Have a happy New Year. The blog will continue next year in much the same way as this year, with the occasional new music post. However, the intention is to also post some live reviews of gigs or festivals rather than just the odd tweet about the shows as I do now. (Although if you want to see what I tweet you can follow me here)
Wet Leg - Chaise Longue