Tuesday 1 May 2012

Bluebell - Cinderella

Sadly ex Lady & The Lost Boys singer and musical starlet in the waiting Annabel Jones recently lost her father Davy, lead singer of The Monkees. Annabel left these simple touching words on her facebook page following his death.

“Some of you may or may not know that on Wednesday last week I lost my Father. My family and I have been overwhelmed by the love and support of everyone who has reached out to tell us that we're not alone. Thank you for helping to make me feel less lost and bottomless, knowing you are all dotted around the Earth makes life less frightening and like if we all reached out we could hold hands and make a chain all the way around the planet. Dad and I connected mostly over music, song writing and performance, that's where we understood each other. The hours I spent sitting amongst you all watching him perform are honestly some of my most precious and treasured moments. Everything was so simple while he was up there, I felt proud and close and I understood him there, as I know you all did.”

Now Annabel continues that bond she had with her father through her pop project Bluebell and this new song called Cinderella. Whilst Normal Heights her debut was a romantic slow pulsing pop symphony, Cinderella sounds a little more highly strung (in a good way). “This is no Walt Disney, I’m not Cinderella, I’m just a girl,” sings Annabel with just a faint hint of Marina & The Diamonds operatics whilst waves of distorted beats, one note piano stabs and washes of electronics keep our pop palette satiated. Good stuff.

Bluebell - Cinderella (You Tube Stream)

1 comment: