Sunday 29 May 2016

New Music: Introducing - Lauran Hibberd


It took me about twenty seconds to fall in love with the sound of the Isle of Wight’s Lauran Hibberd. With a folk-pop sensibility similar to the likes of Lucy Rose or Billie Marten, Lauran manages to combine a simple acoustic delicacy with a something a little bolder that hints at a grander musical vision. Take a listen to The House I Built When I Was Small, which she describes as being about ‘between facing reality as a child and facing reality as an adult’ and you’ll understand what I mean. Quietly and beautifully magnetising, it’s a very fine start for this young singer songwriter.

I’m not the only one to be immediately smitten with her music though – Lauran has already won a competition to appear at this year’s Bestival on her homeland and has received plays on both BBC 6 Music and Amazing Radio. If you shop in Harrods (!) you may have even heard her voice soundtracking your expensive spending spree as this song has made the in-store playlist there. Press play below and listen to this entrancing song

Lauran Hibberd - The House I Built When I was Small

No comments: