Friday 13 May 2016

New Music: Glass - Be Careful (Video)


There’s something disturbing about the new Glass video that makes me either shiver with the awkwardness of it all or laugh as a method of psychological protection. After all, the whole thing seethes with a violence and rage that looks almost genuine. It's unsettling nature continues to the multi-layered lyrics: “Mind how you go, take it slow, or the next thing you’ll know, you’ll be wed, you’ll be dead, if that’s what you want, then go on ahead,” raps lead singer Jessica like a modern day Sarah Nixey from Black Box Recorder. Meanwhile behind all of that a super popoid groove keeps the music all sparky and interesting.

You can find the duo at Great Escape Festival in Brighton next week. They also play Blissfields and Secret Garden Party this summer. I've still yet to see them live, despite me booking them for their first UK show outside of London at a festival I helped put on (Dials) and then returning to my home city just a few days ago for another gig. It's time to put them on my Great Escape schedule for sure. If you're going, you should too.

Glass - Be Careful (Video)



No comments: