Tuesday 6 May 2014

Allie X - Bitch


Here’s some words from Allie X:

“The music industry is changing and I want to be part of revolutionizing it- I don’t want to be anyone’s bitch.” (From a recent interview with Noisey - here).

 “My shadow and I have come to an understanding. I can no longer deny his #Xsistence nor can I suppress her instincts. I know this because I have tried. I really have. Our approach is quite domestic: Early bedtimes, frequent simple meals and bite sized portions. In #Xchange, a few times a week, we go to the circus. A dangerous, but necessary descent. How do you live with yourself? #Xchange" (From the notes that were recently posted on her Facebook and accompany her new song Bitch today).

“I’m your bitch. You’re my bitch.” (Lyrics from Bitch)

So this is Bitch, possibly the first song ever to feature lyrics about making the bed. It starts sounding similar to Lana doing a slo-mo eighties sci-fi electro-ballad before pressing the turn-everything-up button like a helium sucking Mø hitting a synthpop punchbag. Rather like Hannah Diamond, another one of these new pop types that seems to be dividing opinion at the moment, (for the record we find Hannah's songs to be rather terrible so far - it sounds like nursery school music for hipsters) with Allie X you’re either going to love her or hate her. There’s no inbetweeners. Choose your side carefully. We're very much on team Allie. 

Allie X - Bitch

No comments: