Wednesday 4 September 2013

San Zhi - I Love You (San Zhi vs Woodkid)

Before setting off to France to finish their record San Zhi uploaded this rather gorgeous remix / cover of I Love You by Woodkid to the world wide web. Normally a remix is an opportunity to take a non-dance track into the club, putting banging beats where they’re not welcome and making hips shake where they were never intended to. 

Thankfully San Zhi do nothing of the sort.  By adding Suraya’s chilled nearly whispered sweet soul vocals I Love You becomes a dreamy, gentle lullaby. “Whatever I feel for you, you only seem to care about you, is there any chance you could see me too?” takes on a whole new perspective both with male and female voices singing to each other. Are they both misreading the signs?

San Zhi - I Love You (San Zhi vs Woodkid)

No comments: