Saturday 31 December 2016

My Favourite Albums of 2016: #20 Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein - Stranger Things OST Volume One


On my first post on my albums of the year countdown I wrote about how Ian William Craig’s record Centres is a record from the other world, and here’s another, or at least perhaps this one’s from a place known as the upside down. The Stranger Things Soundtrack was created by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein of Austin band SURVIVE.

It’s been a very good year for retro synth instrumental and / or soundtrack albums and this is the first of a number of records on my list that fall into these categories. If you’ve seen the hit Netflix show you’ll already know what to find here, but if you haven’t, expect a collection of restrained, spooky, minimal electronica. Even if you haven’t seen it (and I highly recommend you do), take a listen and prepare to be haunted.

The stream below previews clips from the soundtrack.

Stranger Things Vol 1 Preview

No comments: