Saturday 31 August 2019

New Music: G Flip - Lover


“When we’re all alone and the lights are low, I’m gonna make you scream,” sings G Flip, which depending on your perspective makes her out to be the latest slasher movie monster character or a bit of a sexpert.

Either way, if you want a big wave-your-arms-in-the-air power ballad with a catchy chorus (which trust me you do) then G Flip is here to provide just that. Lover isn’t a single, but the opening track from her debut album About Us – a collection of songs about an on off relationship with a girl. “I hadn’t seen this girl in a year, so when we caught up at the end of 2017, she asked me what I’ve been doing and I told her I had written a heap of songs, and that I was going to try it out as solo musician now. I showed her all the songs and asked her one important question: Would you care if I released these because they’re all about us?” she said of the record.

About Us is out this week. So when you've finished listening to the new Lana Del Rey album (which clearly you should listen to) give it a spin.

G Flip - Lover


No comments: