Wednesday 15 October 2014

Aquilo - I Gave It All


An actual conversation that happened at Breaking More Waves HQ today:

“Why do you like so much sad sounding music?”

“It’s not sad, it’s good.”

“No, not sad as in rubbish / terrible, sad as in emotionally down.”

“Oh.”

“Are you depressed?”

“Most certainly not.”

“Then why don’t you listen to something that sounds happy?”

“I don’t know. I can’t help what I like.”

“I bet you’re listening to something sad sounding now.”

“Maybe…here, take a listen.”

“Oh my god, this is so heavy, why on earth would you want to listen to this.”

“Give it a chance….”

Half an hour later…….

“Hey, you know that sad song you were listening to?”

“Which one? The new Aquilo tune, I Gave It All?”

“Yeah.”

“What about it?”

“Well, it still sounds sad, but it’s rather lovely isn’t it?”

*Smug face*

I Gave It All is taken from the band's forthcoming EP. Irrespective of your mood we're sure you'll agree that this song is worth your time, because it is (as was correctly identified) rather lovely. 

Aquilo - I Gave It All

No comments: