Saturday 3 October 2020

24 Hour Blogathon - Chai - Donuts Mind If I Do

This post is part of a 24 hour blogathon (conducted after a 10 mile run) in support of Solent Mind, a mental health support charity. I would be really grateful if you would help by sponsoring me and help raise some funds for the charity. 

You can find my sponsorship page by clicking this link


If I was to write a ‘Top 10 bands that are just a whole lot of fun to see live’ list (which I could easily have done over the last three quarters of an hour whilst my Wi-Fi was down), then Japanese pop band Chai would undoubtedly be on that list. With one of best song titles so far of 2020 Donuts Mind If Do isn’t what you’d normally expect from Chai. This is chill-Chai rather than party-Chai. This is languid as you get, verging on easy listening Chai. It’s all ready for a lazy summer evening. The statement that accompanies the video is still very much what you would expect from the band though: “When you’re feeling vigorous, when you’re feeling sick, You like what you like! No changing that! Even if what I like is as simple as a donut.”

OK. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of the weird sugary cake things myself. But I still recommend that if you go and get the chance you should go and see Chai live. They’re guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

The song is from Chai’s forthcoming Donuts Mind If I Do / Plastic Love double A-side single. The second track will be available on November 6th. Both songs will also be released together as a limited edition 7”.

Chai - Donuts Mind If I Do

No comments: