Wednesday 24 December 2014

Billie Marten - Winter Song


Hello everyone, it’s Santa’s favourite helper here. That's a (s)elfie of me above. Tee hee. I’ve been very busy the last few days. There’s all the boys and girls presents to be wrapped and loaded into the sleigh and the reindeers have to be made presentable so that they’re all ready for the big day. Oh that Rudolph, he’s a troublesome one you know; more from him later today, be warned he didn’t get his nickname Rude-Oaf for nothing you know. Anyway my loves, I’ve got a gorgeous Christmas tune to get you in the mood for the day. It's from Billie Marten, an artist I first discovered back in May whilst reading this very blog. If you haven’t heard her beautiful version of La Roux’s In For The Kill or her own composition Ribbon you really are missing a trick.

Anyway my beauties, this one has got my pointy ears stretching to the sky. 

Winter Song is taken from a rather wonderful charity Christmas album called It’s Coming On Christmas, which I heartily recommend you download from here. It contains tracks by many Breaking More Waves favourites, including Rae Morris, Lucy Rose, Alice Jemima, Gabrielle Aplin, Luke Sital-Singh, Rachel Sermanni and of course Billie herself. All proceeds from the album go to Coppafeel, a charity that helps prevent Breast Cancer by reminding women to check their boobs. A very worthwhile cause and they've already raised over £5,000 through download sales, so if you've got some spare cash, please do buy it. It's really really good.

Right my lovelies, enjoy, I’ve got to go and get ready. We’ve all got a big night ahead of us. Happy Christmas!

Billie Marten - Winter Song

No comments: