Monday 29 February 2016

New Music: Host - All Night Every Night


Remember Host? No, I didn’t either. However, it seems that back in 2014 I wrote about them. The post didn’t really say much except that Heartbeats In The House, the track in question (and now removed from the web), was very dance floor friendly. Oh, and that the band was adopting the ‘mystery identity’ approach.

Since that time there’s been nothing from them until this new tune, All Night Every Night cropped up in my in-box. Once again it's highly danceable and once again I know very little about them, except that from the tiny bit of information I’ve received, they appear to be a duo called Ben and Tom. Hardly riveting information I’m sure you’ll agree, but at least there’s a picture, which confirms that yes, they are two men.

Of course it’s all about the music isn’t it? And this is where All Night Every Night wins. It’s a delightful dance pop tune that throbs in strobe lit ecstasy. I can imagine this one shaking the walls and floors of the Haçienda back in the late 80’s or early 90’s with its near-Balearic high speed fluidity that’s somewhere close to New Order circa Technique but with an unhurried and soothing vocal that’s similar to John Marsh of The Beloved. 

Let’s just hope they don’t leave it so long till next time.

Host - All Night Every Night


No comments: